Happy National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day ! Here is is the list of ingredients and steps you need to join the celebration :
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 1/4 cups (302g) graham cracker crumbs
- 10 tbsp (140g) salted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (42g) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
- 15 oz can pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup (58g) sour cream
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- In a bowl, combine crust ingredients and mix until “dough” forms. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake 8 minutes.
- For streusel, using the same bowl as the crust, stir together brown sugar, white flour, oats and cinnamon. Add in butter and vanilla. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine cream cheese, (room temperature is important for smoothness, microwaving will give it a bumpy texture) sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat with mixer until smooth and creamy. Add in eggs one at a time. Beat until combined.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of mixture. Pour over prepared crust.
- Add canned pumpkin, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to remaining cheesecake mixture and stir until combined.
- Being careful not to combine layers, gently pour the pumpkin layer on top of the plain layer. Top with streusel. Bake 30 minutes or until cake is set. (ADT note: It took about 40 minutes in my oven.)
- Allow to cool for about an hour. Refrigerate an additional 1-2 hours minimum before serving. Top each bar with caramel.
Livingston Gardens Apartments
North Bruswick, NJ